How To Feel The Good When You Feel Completely Numb
There comes a time in our lives where we become so used to disappointment, rejection and loss. We no longer feel sadness, but numbness.
It's really hard to get out of our own way. Everyday can be a struggle just to get out of bed. Then, forcing ourselves to get dressed when we have nowhere to go, and no one to see.
All we want is to feel good again!
So, how can we feel the good when we feel nothing at all?
- Eliminating negative influences that may be harmful to your mental well being.
- Self care; healing yourself physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Self esteem; when we look good, we feel good.
- Doing the opposite of what your instincts tell you to do. For instance; If you want to be alone, instead call or meet up with a friend face to face.
- Think about the things that bring you joy and pursue it.
- Giving back. Sometimes helping those in need can alleviate emotional pain. It makes us realize our problems are not as bad as we once thought.
As we begin to feel better, the more positivity we will attract in our lives!
Ask yourself the following questions;
1. When was the last time you felt good? Who was in your life and what were you doing?
2. When was the last time you focused on your own well being? (i.e. physical, nutrition, exercise, sleep patterns, drug/alcohol use.)
3. Who is your go-to person? This is the person who builds you up, encourages you and will physically be there for you.